Tuesday 3 May 2016

PRACTICE: Spring is in Bloom

I've been trying to practice my drawing a lot more recently. So I've been doing some simple line drawings to practice getting form, shape and proportion right. I also do love using colour in my paintings, which is unusual because I hardly use colour in my installation work. I find using watercolours is a very easy way of utilising colour vividly, but I'm hoping to get a good set of inks to play with instead.


I really like traditional Chinese painting and I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to give it a go. But until then, I'm emanating the style a little with some brightly coloured peonies. Pretty much all I use when I draw is a good old Sharpie pen, and I've always enjoyed drawing with pen more than pencil.


No comments:

Post a Comment